- To ensure that rangeland resources are properly managed ecologically by setting proper carrying capacities in each range unit; implementing grazing practices for each range unit to ensure proper distribution and protection of riparian areas; and implementing a monitoring program to ensure grazing practices are working.
- To reduce impacts of weeds on Reservation lands by operating a weeds control program in coordination with local boards.
- To ensure that bills are issued, fees collected, and landowners are paid fair market value by maintaining a current appraisal of the range resources and administering a billing and collection process.
- To ensure range input into watershed plans in Omak Creek, Owhi Lake, Frosty Meadows and IRMP.
- To assist the Realty Branch with technical advice and inspection.
- To develop relationships with other federal, state, and local agencies to ensure consistent resource policies.
- To implement, monitor, and update codes, policies, and regulations as needed.