Contact Information | CCT - Enrollment Department | P.O. Box 150 | Nespelem, WA 99155 | Phone (509) 634-2830 | Fax (509) 634-2874


Hours of Operation | Monday-Friday 7:30AM - 4:00PM

Emergency Contact for Wake and Burial Benefits | Monday-Friday (509) 634-2830

Enrollment Emergency Numbers: (509) 557-2079
Enrollment Officer: (509) 631-1245
Tribal Dispatch: (509) 634-2472 | Email


Confederated Tribes of the Colville Reservation Enrollment Department Staff

Brenda Condon | Enrollment Officer |509-634-2836 | Email
Stanley Ruiz | Enrollment Technician | 509-634-2833 | Email
Ronnie Louis | Enrollment Technician | 509-634-2852 | Email

BreAnna Lezard | Enrollment Technician | 509-634-2832 | Email
Cassie Edwards | Enrollment Technician | 509-634-2830 | Email
Janelle Bearcub | Enrollment Technician | 509-634-2858 | Email


8-1 Membership PDF
8-2 Procedures for Proposing Constitutional Amendments by Petition PDF
8-3 Elections PDF
8-4 Referendums PDF

Natural Disaster Grant Application PDF
Ordering Eagle Parts and Feathers from the National Eagle Repository PDF
Direct Deposit Form PDF (ensure to have signature notarized)
Half Share Request Form PDF
Change of Address PDF (ensure to have signature notarized)
Phone Tax Form PDF
Enrollment Code PDF

Enrollment Services

  • Completed application must be returned to the Enrollment department

    • Incomplete applications will not be processed until the entire enrollment packet is complete.

    • It is important to complete each section. If you are unsure of the answer or the section does not apply, please note such with the answer “Unknown” or “N/A”.

  • Original documents must be provided in order to process application.

    • Originals will be returned once process is complete.

    • Photocopies/Hospital records are not accepted.

  • Application must be complete in order to present to Colville Business Council-Tribal Government Committee.

    • Tribal Government Committee

      • Scheduled to meet every 2nd and 4th Thursday of each month.

      • With exceptions of Regular Session in January, April, July and October.

  • Enrollment by Adoption requires Special Session approval.

    • Special Session

      • Scheduled to meet every 1st and 3rd Thursday of each month.

    • Adoption is at the absolute discretion of the Colville Business Council.

    • If adoption is denied by the Tribal Government Committee, the applicant must wait three (3) years to re-apply.

  • Dual Enrollment is not allowed.

  • Family History Research Form Available

    • Complete and return form to initiate research.

    • Once research is complete, a copy of the family history chart will be mailed to you and copy placed in enrollment file.

  • Blood Correction Applications Form Available

    • Complete form and return to Colville Tribes Enrollment Department

    • An appointment must be scheduled with the Enrollment Officer prior to filing.

    • Must file a petition with the Colville Tribal Court.

    • To expedite the process provide as much information as possible.

    • The burden of proof shall be upon the applicant seeking a blood correction.

  • Relinquishment Forms

    • Contact Enrollment to receive correct form

    • Once request form is received, the recommendation will be presented twice to the Colville Business Council.

      • 1st step-Tribal Government Committee

      • 2nd step-Special Session

  • Important Notices

    • Relinquishment is immediate

    • Adults approved for relinquishment are not eligible to re-apply for membership.

    • Relinquishment is final.

    • Minors who are relinquished will have to request re-enrollment when are of majority is reached (18 years of age).

    • Relinquishment is immediate.

  • It is applicant’s responsibility to confirm enrollment eligibility if requesting enrollment into another tribe.

  • Tribal Identification (ID) cards Form Available

    • Cost is $5.00

      • Payment accepted, money order or cashier’s check

      • Cash is not taken at the office

    • Tribal ID cards can be mailed with a complete request form

      • Must have picture and signature of file.

      • Mailed pictures and signature are not accepted.

      • If requesting another individual to receive an ID card on your behalf, a complete Authorization to Release Information Form must be submitted to Enrollment.

    • Direct Deposit Forms Available

      • Complete form and return to Enrollment

      • Direct deposit is available for all tribal disbursements.

        • 181-d (GCD) Settlement and Per-Capita

      • In order to process, the following must be provided.

        • Voided Check-OR-

        • Confirmation from Bank with the routing and account number,

      • Bank account must be in your name

        • Minor children will automatically be included with your request

      • Direct deposit remains in effect until you choose to cancel

        • A written notarized statement is the only way to cancel direct deposit

    • Half Share Request Form Forms Available

      • Complete form and return to Enrollment

      • Half Share only applies to the 181-d (GCD) payment

      • The custodial parent or legal guardian can request Half of the 181-d (GCD) disbursement

        • This applies if no restrictions are placed on minor’s account.

      • The half share request is active until notified to cancel by the custodial parent or legal guardian or per a Colville Tribal Court Order.

        • Colville Tribal Court is the only court who can restrict payments.

      • The custodial parent or legal guardian can request to have all disbursements placed into the minors IIM account by a written request to the Office of Special Trustee (OST).

    • Address Change Form Available

      • Complete form and return

        • The form must be notarized in order to process change

    • DNA Testing

      • DNA is required for all new enrollments

      • Appointment is required

        • Contact the Enrollment department to schedule appointment

      • DNA testing is conducted only if it affects the individual’s blood quantum.

      • Buccal Swab is the type of sample collected

        • Buccal Swab is the type of sample collected

      • The cost is $25.00 per individual tested

        • The cost is the responsibility of the individuals being tested

      • Payment is accepted by Money Order or Cashier’s Check

        • Payable to: LabCorp of America

        • The collection process takes approximately 30 minutes.

        • Adults must provide photo ID

        • Birth Certificates or Hospital Record of Birth is required for minors.

      • Results are received within two (2) weeks

        • Results are kept confidential.

      • Kinship testing occurs if the biological parent is not available for testing.

      • Enrollment Verification Form Available

        • Complete request form and return

      • Dividend Letter Form Available

        • Complete form and return

        • Letter consists of past payments distributed by the Confederated Tribes of the Colville Reservations.

      • Authorize to Release Form Available

        • Complete and return

        • The authorization to release information expires at the end of the business day the authorization is requested.

      • Request for Information Form Form Available

      • Notary Services

      Tax Exempt Forms

      • Retail Sales/Use Tax Exemption Certificate for Vehicles Sold to Enrolled Tribal Member

      • Public Utility Tax Exemption for Services Provided to Indian Tribes and Indian Persons

      • Buyers’ Retail Sales Tax Exemption Certificate

      • Statement of Exemption from Retail Sales Tax for Purchases of Telephone Services by an Individual

      • Eagle Permit Applications

      • Form 4432-Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) and Indian Health Services (IHS) Verification of Employment

      Non-Member Services

      • Descendant Letters Form Available

        • Complete form and return along with supporting documents

        • Letters are provided for first line descendants only.

          1. Parent must be enrolled with ¼ blood quantum.

        • Must provide the following

          1. Request form

          2. Original state certified Birth Certificate

          3. Family History Chart

          4. $30.00 Money Order or Cashier’s Check.

        • All original documents are returned with the letter.

        • Letters are not kept on file.


Frequently Asked Questions

+ Who can enroll into the Confederated Tribes of the Colville Reservation?

In order to be eligible for enrollment the applicant must possess at least one-fourth (1/4) degree of the blood of the tribes which constitute the Colville Tribes.

+ What is required, by the applicant, to complete the enrollment process?

  • Enrollment application
  • Original State Certified Birth Certificate
  • DNA results

+ Can photocopies of the supporting documents be sent in with application?

  1. Photocopies and/or hospital records are not accepted as supporting documents to complete the enrollment packet
  2. Original certified documents must accompany the enrollment packet in order for the packet to be complete.

+ What is the Process for Enrollment?

  1. Submit a complete application
  2. Enrollment conducts a family history research
  3. Enrollment Officer reviews application and all supporting documents presented to make recommendation to the Tribal Government Committee and Business Council

    • Enrollment is by automatic or adoption
  4. Tribal Government Committee approves or denies recommendation of application

    • Automatic enrollment only requires approval from Tribal Government Committee
    • Adoption requires approval from Tribal Government Committee and full Business Council during Special Session
  5. Applicant receives a letter with committee’s decision

    • Original supporting documents are returned along with the letter.

+ When does each Committee meet?

  • Tribal Government Committee meets every 2ndand 4thThursday of each month
  • Exceptions: Regular meetings which are held on the 2ndThursday of January, April, July, and October (per the Constitution)
  • Special Session meets every 1stand 3rdThursday of each month

+ What is the difference between Automatic Enrollment and Adoption?

  1. Residency and timelines determines type of enrollment
  2. Automatic –
    1. Requires approval by Tribal Government Committee
    2. Applicants resided within the reservation boundaries at time of birth
    3. Applicant did not live within the reservation boundaries at the time of birth the application must be received by enrollment within six (6) months from the time of birth
  3. Adoption –
    1. Requires approval by Tribal Government Committee and Special Session
    2. Applicant did not reside within the reservation boundaries at time of birth
    3. Applicant applied for membership six (6) months or more after time of birth
    4. Adoptions must have majority (2/3) vote in order to pass
    5. Adoptions shall be granted or denied at the absolute discretion of the Tribes and is not a right.
    6. Denied adoption cases must wait three (3) years to re-apply.
  4. Automatic and Adoption requires ¼ blood quantum of the tribes which constitute the Colville Tribes.

+ Is there a difference in tribal rights or benefits between automatic and adoption?

No, once enrolled every member has full rights and benefits.


+ How can I, as an adult, relinquish from the Colville tribes?

  1. Submit a completed Relinquishment Affidavit with the Enrollment Department.
    • All tribal identification must be returned along with your application
  2. The Enrollment department verifies to ensure no debts are owed to the Colville Tribe
  3. The Enrollment Officer reviews the affidavit and makes recommendation to the Tribal Government Committee
  4. The Tribal Government Committee can either accept or deny relinquishment
  5. If approved, a resolution is forwarded to the Applicant and Tribe if applying for membership with another Tribe.
  6. If relinquishment is denied, a letter and tribal id shall be return.
  7. Please be advised---Relinquishment is immediate and cannot be reversed
    • It is important to make sure you are eligible for enrollment into the other Tribe prior to requesting relinquishment from the Colville Tribe.

+ Can minor children relinquish?

  • Yes, the custodial parent or legal guardian has the right to relinquish a minor child
    • Tribal member parent must sign relinquishment form
  • Verification of legal custody must accompany relinquishment form

+ Can I re-enroll with the Colville Tribe?

  • Adults who relinquish are not eligible for re-enrollment
  • Minors who were relinquished are eligible for re-enrollment once the minor reaches the age of 18


+ Is dual enrollment accepted by the confederated tribes of the Colville reservation?

  • No, dual enrollment is not accepted.
  • If dual enrollment is confirmed, the member will be given the option to remain enrolled or relinquish, according to the process.
  • The member will be allowed to address the issue with the Tribal Government Committee.


+ What is the process for requesting a blood correction?

  1. Schedule appointment with the Enrollment Officer to review family history
  2. Submit completed packet to Colville Tribal Court
    • Request Enrollment to be served
  3. Enrollment Officer reviews and researches packet
  4. Copy of packet is forwarded to Attorney
  5. Court process is followed
    • Hearings are scheduled
  6. If approved, Court Order is signed
  7. If denied, Petitioner has option to continue through the Court of Appeals process

+ Does each family member apply for a blood correction?

No, once a blood correction is approved, lineal descendants blood quantum will be updated


+ How do I get a new Tribal Identification Card?

  • Cost of Tribal Id Cards are $5.00 per card
    • Money order or cashier’s check is the only form of payment accepted.
  • To receive a card you must visit the office to allow enrollment to take a current picture and obtain your signature
  • If a current picture and signature is on file – enrollment can mail the card to the address on file.
    • A request form must be completed
    • Another person can receive a card for you by submitting a release of authorization form

+ Can I send a picture and signature for my ID card?

  • No, mailed pictures and signatures are not accepted.

+ What is a CIB?

  • CIB is a Certificate of Indian Blood
  • CIB is a paper copy of enrollment verification
  • A cib can be processed without a picture and signature

+ What is a dividend letter?

  • Provides payment information for previous payments.
  • A request form must be submitted in order to receive a letter
  • If requesting for a minor—
    • Custodial parent or guardian may request a letter

+ How do I get a Family History Chart?

  • By simply completing a request form and submitting to Enrollment

+ How do I change my address?

  • In order to change an address, the change form must be completed and notarized.
  • If the form is not notarized, the request to change address will not be processed.

+ When I change my address with Enrollment, does that change at each tribal department?

  • The change of address will be forwarded to the following departments:
    • Tribal Tribune
    • Elections
    • BIA/OST

+ Does the Enrollment department conduct DNA testing?

  • Yes, buccal swab is the type of sample collected by the enrollment department.
    • Buccal swab is the collection by swabbing the inner facial cheek with a sterile swab.
  • The collection process takes approximately 30 minutes.
  • Results are received within two (2) weeks
  • An appointment is requested in order to conduct DNA testing
  • Kinship testing is available
    • Kinship testing occurs if the biological parent is not available

+ Who pays for DNA testing?

  • The cost is the responsibility of the individuals being tested
  • Payment is accepted by money order or cashier’s check
    • Payable to: Labcorp of America

+ Why is DNA a requirement?

  • To ensure each enrollment record is true and correct
  • To prevent fraudulent enrollments

+ Who must be tested?

  • Each parent who contributes Colville blood
    • Mother
    • Child
    • Father (alleged)


+ Are there different types of tribal payments?

Yes, Per Capita, 181-D Grand Coulee Dam Settlement (Claims), and Settlement payments.

+ Are tribal payments taxable or considered as income?

  • The Per Capita and 181-D payments disbursed by the tribe are non-taxable and cannot be counted as income.
  • Most payments are considered trust income.
  • Settlement payments are treated differently
    • Depending upon the type of settlement, payments could be taxable income.

+ What documentation is needed to prevent tribal disbursements from being counted as income?

  • Two options
    1. Contact the Enrollment department and request the information stating such;
    2. Follow link to download the standard letter

+ Are Per Capita payments automatically disbursed on an annual basis?

No, Per Capita payments are determined on an annual basis.

* The Colville Business Council determines per capita payments.

+ Can someone else pick up my check?

  • Unfortunately no one else can receive anyone else’s check
  • Only the tribal member named on the check can receive the check

+ Does Enrollment offer Direct Deposit?

  • Yes, complete the Direct Deposit Form and submit to the Enrollment Office
    • Forms are available at the Enrollment department
  • Direct deposit forms must be notarized in order to process

+ How do I stop direct deposit?

  • If banking information changes, Enrollment must be notified by a notarized written statement
  • Please note: Changing your address does not automatically stop direct deposit.
    • You must specifically state you request to stop direct deposit

+ What happens if I did not notify Enrollment when my banking information changed?

Once the direct deposit is returned a check will be processed.

* Please make sure correct address is on file.

+ What happens if I did not receive my check?

  • Contact Enrollment to place a stop payment on the original check
  • An Affidavit must be completed in order to begin the process of reissuing a check
  • Enrollment can process a reissued check two weeks after the payment date

+ What do I do if I receive the original check after receiving the reissued check?

  • The original check must be returned to the Enrollment department
  • A stop payment order is issued when the check is reissued.
    • Check is invalid

+ What happens if my check is forged?

  • Notify the Enrollment department
  • Complete the forgery packet
    • Once the forgery packet is completed the packet is sent to the financial institute for investigation
  • A check cannot be processed until the investigation is complete


+ Can parents receive minor children’s payment?

  • The custodial parent or legal guardian receives Per Capita Payments
  • Custodial or legal guardians can request to receive half of the minor’s 181-D payment.
  • Please note-Tribal Departments are authorized to override request if proper documentation is in place. If this is the case, payments will not be released but placed in minor child’s IIM account

+ Who manages the IIM Account?

  • Office of Special Trustee (OST) manages all IIM accounts.
  • BIA supervises

+ When can minors access their IIM accounts?

  • Minors can begin access their IIM accounts when the following criteria is met:
    • Must be 18 years of age
    • Must provide diploma or GED certificate
    • Complete OST application packet and submit to OST Offices

+ Can I place all payments into my minor child (ren) IIM account?

  • Yes, custodial parent or guardian can request to deposit all payments into minor’s account
  • Enrollment department will only accept a notarized letter signed by the custodial parent or guardian

+ Can money be withdrawn from a minors IIM account?

  • Only under certain circumstances
  • Contact Social Services and OST for further information

+ Will the custodial parent receive statements for the minor IIM accounts?

Yes, the custodial parent/guardian receives statements from the Office of Special Trustee (OST). The statements will show the account balance and interest. If statements are not received, please contact the OST office to update contact information

+ What happens to minors whose payments are held by a tribal department or Court Order?

  • Whenever a minor’s payment is held, the payment is directly placed into the minors IIM account.
  • Held payments remain in the minor’s IIM account unless the hold is in error.
    • If this is the case, Social Services must be contacted within a certain timeframe to release the funds

+ What is the time frame to request a minor’s payment held in error?

The time frame is three (3) days after the payment date

+ How do I request my minor’s payment that was held in error?

  • Contact the Enrollment department to verify the minor was not on a hold list.
  • If a court order releases funds, make sure Enrollment and tribal departments (if applicable) has a copy of order
  • Contact Social Services to verify if eligible to request funds and to receive packet

+ When can I expect to receive the payment for error of the minor error?

If payment is allowed, payment can be processed within two weeks of request, provide proper paperwork is completed

+ What happens when a change in custody occurs?

A Court Order is the only document accepted to change custody of a minor

+ What happens to the minor’s IIM account if minor is relinquished?

  • Once a minor is relinquished all payments discontinue.
  • The minor’s account remains in trust until the minor meets requirements to receive the funds

+ Why do I receive 1099’s for my minor’s IIM account?

Even though the payments are derived from trust income, the interest earned is considered taxable


+ Wake and Burial Benefits

Please contact Enrollment department to assist with the process.

  • Benefits are provide for Tribal members, 1stline descendants, and spouse of a tribal member
    • Wake grants are payable to the Next-of-Kin or designee
    • Burial grants are paid directly to the Funeral Home
    • Tribal Members receive the following benefits:
      • $800 Wake grant
      • $3000 burial grant
        • Paid directly to the Funeral Home
          • Pendleton blanket

+ 1stline descendant or spouse of a tribal member

  • $800 Wake grant
  • $500 Burial grant
  • Pendleton Blanket is available for purchase

Other services available

  1. Casket and liner

    1. Cost of casket and liner are subtracted from burial grant

    2. Balance of grant is applied to funeral expenses

  2. Funeral/Memorial cards

    1. Service provided by the IT or Planning department

      1. Free of charge for Tribal members

  3. Public Works

    1. Assistance with gravesite

  4. Veteran’s Assistance

    1. Provides Military services

  5. Social Services

    1. Travel assistance to attend services

    2. Loan program if funds are available

  6. Fish & Wildlife

    1. Can provide assistance for hunting and fishing

  7. Food Distribution

    1. Provides a basic food package to assist with services


+ What is a descendant letter?

  • A descendant letter provides proof an individual descends from an enrolled tribal member
    • The biological parent must posses the blood quantum of 1/4 or more.
  • The following must be provided:
    • Request form
    • Original State Certified Birth Certificate
    • Money Order in the amount of $30